The Somerset Cricket Board Coaches Association (SCBCA) is the county’s arm of the national England and Wales Cricket Board Coaches Association (ECBCA).
The Somerset Coaches Association (SCA) is an active and vibrant organisation, which is run to benefit all coaches in Somerset.
We hope that you will find the events and information detailed below of interest and that they will encourage you to become involved with our Association and develop your coaching. Should you have any feedback or suggestions regarding any aspect of the Associations activities then please let us know, we will welcome your comments.
Have a look at the opportunities that we are offering below and we will look forward to welcoming you to one of our CA events in the future.
Jason Kerr and Tom Abell headline webinars for coaches across the South West
Somerset Cricket Board has joined forces with Devon, Cornwall and Dorset Cricket Boards to run a series of webinars for coaches across the south-west.
The webinars will help to support coaches in Somerset and the South West prepare for the upcoming season. The free, hour-long webinars will offer an insight into how coaches and players perform at the top level and how this is transferable to club and junior cricket. The webinars will cover a range of topics from pre-season to captaincy to coaching girls and developing players through competition.
To book your place on one or more of the webinars please CLICK HERE.
Club Coach Webinar #1
‘Making the most out of pre-season’ – Somerset CCC Head Coach Jason Kerr
Thursday 25th February, 7:30-8:30pm
Somerset CCC Head Coach Jason Kerr will share his knowledge and experience of playing and coaching at the top level to help coaches get the most out of pre-season with their players. Jason will cover the key areas to focus on, do’s and don’ts and whether different approaches are needed for different ages, as well as sharing any hints, tips and learnings from his career.
Club Coach Webinar #2
Developing players through competition – Somerset Pathway Head Coach Matt Drakeley, Devon Coaching and Pathways Manager Sandy Allen, Cornwall Performance Manager Chris Hunkin and Dorset’s Head of Performance Richard Scott
Wednesday 3rd March, 7:30-8:30pm
The Performance Cricket Leads in the four counties across the South West will discuss how competition and matches can be used to develop young players. Drawing on a wealth of knowledge and experience, they will discuss what healthy competition is as well as how competitions, fixtures and individual matches can be structured to support player development. They will discuss whether expectations are different at different ages and share their hints, tips and learnings.
Club Coach Webinar #3
‘Supporting and developing captains’ – Somerset CCC Captain Tom Abell
Monday 8th March, 7:30-8:30pm
Somerset CCC Captain Tom Abell will share his experiences of captaining Somerset from a young age as well as captaining teams growing up. He will discuss the support he has received and how coaches can support and develop captains/leaders both on and off the pitch. He will touch on key attributes for captains as well as whether expectations differ for different age groups.
Club Coach Webinar #4
Coaching girl’s cricket – Western Storm Captain Sophie Luff
Tuesday 9th March, 7:30-8:30pm
Western Storm Captain and Chance to Shine ‘School’s Coach of the Year’ Sophie Luff will share her experiences of playing cricket from an early age all the way to making it to the professional game as well as her years of experience coaching girls in schools, club and performance teams. Sophie will focus on how to get the best out of girls and support their development through fostering confidence and self-belief, as well as how to create the right environment for them to enjoy it and be creative.
To book your place on one or more of the webinars please CLICK HERE.
ECBCA Clothing 2020
- 40% off New Balance ECB clothing, including the “member only” ECB Coaches Association range.
- 10% off the vast range of Fearnley kit and equipment*, plus free standard delivery on orders over £50.
Once you have set up an account on the New Balance site, you should type ‘ECB’ into the ‘Clubs, Teams and Unis’ section and select the ‘ECB Coaches Association’ page. Then, enter your ECB member number in the Discount Code box when purchasing to claim your discount.
For Fearnely – use the discount code ECBCA10 once you’ve set up your account.
Full Member (£30 per year)
- To hold a minimum of Level 1 Coaching Award or an ECB Level 1 NCA Teaching Award
- An up-to-date ECB DBS Check – contact your County Cricket Board to begin an application
Associate Member (£25 per year)
There are no criteria to become an associate member, it is open to everyone interested in cricket coaching.
Both full and associate members must abide by the ECB Coaches Code of Conduct. Click here for details.
To apply for membership
Please complete the ECB Coaches Association application form (Online) and you’ll be contacted directly to orgainse payment.
Any problems/questions, please call ECBCA on 0121 440 4332.
Join today and access the benefits on icoachcricket
Wings to Fly
- Access to the latest thinking from top coaches and players around the world, at all levels of the game
- Access practical ideas to apply to your everyday coaching. Challenge your thinking and practice while observing other coaches and their approach. Gain a unique, behind-the-scenes insight into the leading top coaches and players in the world
- Never be short of ideas and ways of delivering really interesting and enjoyable coaching sessions
- Easily digestible chapters for simplicity of use
- Up-to-date coaching methods and styles presented by top coaches and players
- Coaches Matter bulletins provide easily interpreted technical information and practices for coaches to share with players
- A poster for you to display at your club or school
Hitting the Seam
- Practical ideas and practices for you to use
- Community and elite coaching news updates
- ECB CA Support Centre and membership updates
- Cricket reports from the ECB
- Technical bulletin round-ups
- Articles on coaching
Mini-programmes and series designed to support your coaching
ECB CA Forum
- Communicate and share with other ECB CA members online
If you are a full member of the ECB CA you will receive specialist insurance, which includes:
- Public Liability – The members’ legal liability for injury to third parties and/or damage to third party property – £5,000.000 – limit of indemnity
- Employer’s Liability – The members’ legal liability for injury to helpers in coaching sessions – £10,000,000 – limit of indemnity
- Personal Accident – A range of benefits from Accidental Death at £20,000 to cost of repair of spectacles or dentures – £300
- Legal Expenses – Recently introduced to provide additional protection for the members in respect of various, potential, legal actions
- Legal and Tax Helpline – Advice on any legal/tax matter 24 hours a day 365 days a year
If you need to update or amend your membership details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org