The Somerset Trailer Scheme is now available for clubs to book for their end of season pitch renovations.
Last year 25 clubs across Somerset took advantage of the scheme and we expect demand to once again be very high. Additional safety measures are in place to ensure the machine operators and volunteers at clubs stay safe.
With fewer pitches being used this summer due to the shortened season the Grounds Management Association (GMA) are advising end of season renovations are even more important to stop the build up of thatch. More detail can be found in their guidance on preparing pitches document.
For more information on the scheme and to understand how it can benefit your club please get in touch with the Somerset Groundskeepers Association Chair, Phil Mortimer on email@example.com.
Trailer Scheme charges
- Basic hire cost: One day trailer hire with equipment for scarifying, picking up, seed, fertiliser and loam spreading. £135 (£115 for South Trailer as club needs to collect trailer from previous club)
- Per pitch cost: Operator to work alongside club helpers, operating scarifier exclusively.
Per pitch (up to 12 pitches) £15
Each additional pitch from 13 onwards £25
10 pitch square: £135 (Hire cost) + £150 (10 x £15 per pitch cost) = £285
15 pitch square: £135 (Hire cost) + £255 (12 x £15 per pitch cost + 3 x £25 additional pitch cost) = £390
Scarifying / pick up option
For clubs wishing to use a contractor for all spreading work – seed, fertiliser and loam. This may be an option for large clubs with more than one square.
- Basic hire cost: One day trailer with scarifier (plus rotorake brush for Graden on North trailer). £100
- Per pitch cost: Operator to transport trailer to and from ground, operating scarifier only.
Per pitch (up to 12 pitches) £10
Each additional pitch from 13 onwards £17
25 pitches over 2 squares: £100 (Hire cost) + £328 (12 x £10 per pitch cost + 13 x £16 additional pitch cost) = £428
There are two trailers (and operators) available to hire to help ensure this service is readily available for clubs across the county.
Before making any booking please read the following documents
- SGA Trailer Scheme Renovations Guide
- 2020 SGA Trailer Renovations Covid-19 Procedures
- COVID-19 trailer Risk Assessment
To book the trailer in the North & East of the county please contact Phil Mortimer- firstname.lastname@example.org
To book the trailer in the South & West of the county please email Dave Counsell on David.Counsell@sky.com. Please note – Clubs in the South & West will be responsible for collecting and returning the trailer from Huntspill & District Cricket Club or the previous club booking, whichever is easier.