We wanted to let you all know of two opportunities for club Groundskeepers and their teams/helpers which we hope will benefit them and their clubs.
(ONLINE) Level 1 Cricket Grounds Maintenance
The Grounds Management Association (GMA) have a range of training courses that are suitable for the professional to the grass roots volunteer and have launched a new online Level 1 module on Cricket Grounds Maintenance to allow you to gain an awareness and general understanding of the tasks involved in maintaining playing surfaces.
What does the course content cover?
There are 3 modules to this training course. All are designed to either give you a new understanding or build on your experiences so far.
- Requirements of the groundsperson and pitch
- Maintenance activities (Equipment and Machinery)
- Safe use and storage (Materials)
Each module has an informal self-assessment test, plus there is a formal end of course multiple choice assessment test, which is also online.
After you have completed these 3 modules, we will also suggest other topics of progression should you wish to continue to learn.
How much does it cost?
£25.00 (Incl. VAT)
For more info and booking visit: https://portal.iog.org/education/course/379841
GMA Live: BACK TO PLAY
Delivered by Jason Booth (Director of Technical and Learning), Tom Rowley and Ian Mather-Brewster (Key Account Managers – Football & Cricket for GaNTIP), GMA Live: Back to Play will cover latest news and the GMA’s interim works documents.
Grounds Management Association has continued to network with sports bodies and government to provide the latest guidance for the sector. Their primary focus always remains the safety, as well as the physical and mental wellbeing everyone working in the industry and also understand that each working situation and environment during this challenging time is a case-by-case scenario.
This webinar aims to help you understand:
- What may happen to your surface if it’s not maintained
- How you can bring your playing surface ‘back to play’
- How the GMA is encouraging more volunteers to sign-up and help grassroots sports get ‘back to play’
- Core grounds maintenance tasks, and how to identify these
- Where to go for latest funding, advice and support