The Somerset Groundsmans Association (SGA) is here to do the following:
- To improve the standard of cricket pitches throughout the county
- To improve the standard of groundsmanship education
The Association is responsible within Somerset for:
- Groundsman Development, including training courses, networking opportunities and ongoing learning
- Offering the use of specialist machinery through the use of the SCB Trailer
- Offering, via SCGA Pitch Advisors, a range of chargeable services with a clear schedule of charges
- Providing savings on essential materials at competitive prices
- Offering local support, help and advice – website and telephone
- Providing, through the SCGA Pitch Advisors, pitch advisory visits
- Approval of grounds as fit for cricket
- Raising the profile and promoting Groundsmanship across Somerset.
- Providing the ECB and the IOG with a local point of contact
- Duty of Care to all members
- Working in partnership with clubs and member bodies, implementing the SCB and ECB strategies
Current SCGA Officers
- Chairman Phil Mortimer
- Vice-Chairman Jim McGill
- Secretary POSITION VACANT
- Event Organisers/General Committee- Dave Counsell, Nigel Mortimer & Andrew Fox
- Finance Officer- Kaye May (Somerset Cricket Board Accounts)
North Petherton Cricket Club have for sale.
1 X Atco B24 Royale Professional 24" cylinder mower, suitable for cutting the square.
1 X Morrison500 20" ten blade cylinder mower suitable for cutting the wicket, unfortunately it has no drive to the rear roller. Both machines have had annual servicing.The Atco would come complete with a new spare bottom blade.
We are asking £250.00 for the Atco and £120.00 for the Morrison. There could be some negotiation on these prices. Please contact Colin on 07583 628484 if interested.
For information on the end of season pitch renovation through the Trailer Scheme including costs and booking info click here
For information on Pitch Advice including assessment and reports click here
For information on the latest groundsmen's courses please click here
Keep your machines running advice docuement- Winter for your machines
Affiliated membership to the Somerset Cricket Groundsmen’s Association is open to all bona fide cricketing organisations / clubs in Somerset and the membership fee is £5.00 per club to join. This is an annual fee and is included in the SCB affiliation fees.